15 December, 2017
Vegetable curry recipes
Simple Vegetarian Curry Dish
The first recipe is a curry dish…an Asian vegetarian curry that is quick and simple to make. Some vegetables are precooked though but one can just as easily cook this from scratch. You may vary the flavor by making use of seasonal autumn fruits like apples in the dish, dried or fresh instead of the usual raisins.
Do not forget that these dishes are to be accompanied by rice, or in its place.. some Indian flat bread will do as well.
- 1/2 pound baking potatoes cut into 3/4 inch cubes and cooked…(boiled or baked)
- 1/4 pound green beans cut into 2 inch lengths and cooked
- 2 medium carrots pared and cut into thin diagonal slices and cooked
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground dried cumin
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 hard cooked eggs chopped
- 1/4 cup skinned peanuts
- 3 green onions or scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
Combine potatoes, green beans, and carrots and reserve.
Mix yogurt with flour, curry powder, salt, coriander and cumin. Stir yogurt mixture into vegetables and spoon into a saucepan. Place over low heat and heat through stirring often. Do not boil since using yogurt.
Turn into serving bowl and top with coconut.
Place chopped eggs, peanuts, green onions and raisins in individual dishes and serve with curry.
Vegetarian Curry 2
Serve this with some grilled fish, hot bread and a salad made of your favorite greens with just a simple vinaigrette dressing on the days when you are taking things easy.
- 2 small crookneck squash (about 1/2 pound) sliced thin
- 2 small zucchini squash (about 1/2 pound ) sliced thin
- 1 small onion cut into very thin wedges
- 1 small clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tsp. dried thyme crumbled
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 medium nectarines cut into bite-size chunks
- Stir-Fried vegetables and fruit
- 1 T. vegetable oil
Heat oil in a large wok. Add squash, zucchini, onion, garlic, bean sprouts, thyme and soy sauce. Saute over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring, or until tender crisp.
Add nectarines. Heat through, stirring often.